Tuesday 27 January 2009

Ordering Windows Home Server

Well my trial version of Windows Home Server is due to expire in 20 days.  I have order a OEM Copy for my home server which should arrive in a couple of days.

Funny thing, I showed my total ignorance the other day and ordered what I thought was a really cheap OEM copy of Windows Server 2008.  Only to find out it was just a sticker! (5 User licence)

Yeah, live and learn (We hope)

Anyway.  I will upload a blog about the upgrade process.  I have yet to decide if I will do a full reinstall or try and preserve the current installation.  At the moment it refuses to allow new computers to be connected (Connection/Backup service etc) which is a minor problem.

I brought the software from stonebridgecomputing.com.au I recommend these guys for cheap prices and excellent sales support.

No comments: