Friday 15 August 2008

Well it is Friday already!

Dang, this week has gone really fast.

Started a new project yesterday called SearchPLUS.  This is going to be my first MVC project.  I'm using pre-release MVC 3.0 on the .Net 3.5 platform.  First impressions? Much better than web forms!

I have a lot of questions to research yet:

  1. How secure is MVC?  Being pre-release is it very easily hacked?
  2. Does MVC support the ASP.net user management backend?
  3. Performance: How does it compare to classic ASP.net webforms?
  4. Scaling: Will MVC Scale well?
  5. Static Content: Does MVC's routing tables allow for static .html files?

The above list is just off the top of my head, but it really highlights my initial distrust.  Perhaps I was a fan of webforms after all?

I definitely see that given a simple CRUD web interface or just a Read-only Database driven app (like SearchPLUS) MVC really offers a better development experience.

No comments: